Civil Engineer graduated from the State University of Campinas, M.Sc. in Agriculture from California Polytechnic State University, and Ph. D from the Michigan State University. She is now a full professor at the Paulista University, where she is carrying out research in production food networks. She is also professor emeritus at the State University of Campinas, and at the Federal University of Grande Dourados in Brazil. She has been working with environment and intensively housed animals under tropical conditions from the 80`s, and lately leads projects on prospective scenarios for livestock production under global warming.
She has more than 100 scientific articles, published mainly in Brazilian journals. Has advised more than 70 doctoral and masters students, and supervised 15 pos doc. Received awards both Brazilian and abroad. She is a member of the Academy of Science of São Paulo State. She was president of the Brazilian Society of Agricultural Engineering-SBEA, the Latin American and Caribbean Association of Agricultural Engineering - ALIA, and the International Commission of Agricultural Engineering - CIGR. She is now President of the Brazilian Poultry Science and Technology Foundation.
- NÄÄS, I. A.; MOLLO NETO, M.; CANUTO, S.A.; VENDRAMETTO, O. Comparative analysis of different meat traceability systems using multiple criteria and social network approaches. Engenharia Agrícola (Online), v. 32, p. 340-349, 2015.
- ABDANAN, S.; NEVES, D. P.; NÄÄS, I.A.; Banhazi, T.; TSCHARKE, M. Image analysis method to evaluate beak and head motion of broiler chickens during feeding. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, v. 114, p. 88-95, 2015.
- REIS, J. G. M.; MACHADO, S. T.; SANTOS, R. C.; NÄÄS, I.A.; OLIVEIRA, R. V. Engenharia Agrícola (Impresso), v. 35, p. 163-170, 2015.
- LIMA, N. D. S.; GARCIA, R. G.; NÄÄS, I.A; CALDARA, FABIANA R.; PONSO, R. Model predicted ammonia emission from two broiler houses with different rearing systems. Scientia Agricola (USP. Impresso), v. 72, p. 393-399, 2015.
- MOI, M.; NÄÄS, I.A; CALDARA, F. R.; ALMEIDA PAZ, I. C. L.; GARCIA, R. G.; CORDEIRO, A. F. S.; SENO, L. O. Vocalization as a welfare indicative for pigs subject to stress situations. Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia, v. 67, p. 837-845, 2015.
- PEREIRA, E. M.; NÄÄS, I.A.; GARCIA, R. G.. Vocalization of broilers can be used to identify their sex and genetic strain. Engenharia Agrícola (Online), v. 35, p. 192-196, 2015.
- BORILLE R; GARCIA, R. G.; NÄÄS, I.A; CALDARA, F. R.; SANTANA, M. R. A monochromatic light-emitting diode (LED) source in layers hens during the second production cycle. Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agrícola e Ambiental (Impresso), v. 19, p. 877-881, 2015.
- NEVES, D. P.; MEHDIZADEH, S. A.; TSCHARKE, M.; NÄÄS, I.A.; BANHAZI, T. M. Detection of flock movement and behaviour of broiler chickens at different feeders using image analysis. Information Processing in Agriculture, v. 2, p. 10.1016/j.inpa.-16, 2015.
- CALDARA, F. R.; SANTOS, L. S.; MACHADO, S. T. NÄÄS, I.A.; FOPPA, L.; GARCIA, R. G.; SANTOS, R. K. S. Piglets surface temperature change at different weights at birth. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences (Print), v. 27, p. 431-438, 2014.
- RIBEIRO CALDARA, F.; GARCIA, R. G.; ALMEIDA PAZ, I.C.L.; NÄÄS, I.A; SANTOS, K. S. R.; FOPPA, L. Assessing the most suitable floor system for growing-finishing piggery under tropical conditions using the analytic hierarchy process. Italian Journal of Animal Science (Online), v. 13, p. 136-141, 2014.
- LIMA, K.A. O.; NÄÄS, I.A; GARCIA, R. G.; BORILLE, R.; CALDARA, F. R. Impact of different light sources on broiler rearing environment. Engenharia Agrícola (Impresso), v. 34, p. 428-434, 2014.
- NÄÄS, I.A; ROMANINI, C.E. B.; SALGADO, D. D.; LIMA, K A O; VALE, M. M.; LABIGALINI, M R; SOUZA, S. R. L.; MENEZES, A. G.; MOURA, D. J. Impact of global warming on beef cattle production cost in Brazil. Scientia Agrícola (USP. Impresso), v. 67, p. 1-8, 2010.