Energy in Agriculture
The Section IV of CIGR Energy in Agriculture deals with the actual problems of the rational and economical applications of electricity and other energy sources in connection with the electricity in the agriculture, especially with the rational use of the renewable energy sources considering the aspects of the protection of the environment.
REPORT OF THE SECTION IV "ENERGY IN AGRICULTURE" ACTIVITIES IN PERIOD 2011-2014 (click here)
Mission, Objectives, Scope and Activities
The Section IV of CIGR "Energy in Agriculture" deals with the actual problems of the rational and economical applications of electricity and other energy sources in agriculture, especially with the rational use of the renewable energy sources considering the aspects of the protection of the environment
CIGR Section IV "Energy in Agriculture" which is worldwide platform for Engineers, all related individuals, national and international organizations provides the latest technological developments in energy issues related to agriculture, creates awareness on efficient and rational utilizing of energy sources in agriculture through organizing, coordinating and co-organizing the conferences, seminars, workshops, and etc.
Section IV promotes the activities on the fields of energy in agriculture especially bio-energy and other renewable energy technologies and systems, and cooperation among the groups from different countries on the field of energy in agriculture. There are as following:
- realize and improve the collaboration amongst the networks active on renewable energy issues worldwide,
- provide an effective environment for exchanging the latest new scientific research results and knowledge on technological developments,
- supporting foresight studies on renewable energy sources in agriculture and give emphasize on scientific, technical and strategic developments on this issues,
- searching and promoting new technologies on energy in agriculture and transferring to agriculture and industry,
- encourage researchers to study on effective and sustainable usage of renewable energy sources,
- make worldwide awareness on importance of renewable energy sources and rational energy usage on agriculture.
Considering the objectives defined as above, the scope of CIGR-Section IV refers to the following main subject areas:
- Fuel and bio-fuel production and utilization in agriculture,
- Small scale bio-power plants (CHP),
- Biomass conversion technologies,
- Bio-energy markets and sustainable developing considering the aspects of the environment protection,
- Solar thermal and photovoltaic systems and wind power systems used in agriculture,
- Energy efficiency technologies.
CIGR Section IV plans to organize one or two conferences or symposiums in every year in different countries of the world. During one of these conferences we organize meeting for Board Members of CIGR Section IV in every year. We participate in the Conferences and Congress whole of CIGR. We support native activities in different countries on the energetic area in agriculture.
Events organized by Section VI
|The International Conference of CIGR Section IV, Energy in Agriculture: Bioenergy, Renewable Energy Systems, Transmission and Storage of Electricity||Thu, 24/06/2021||Conference||Olsztyn||Poland|