A global network of ABE Societies
"...to serve - on a world-wide basis and through its members - the needs of humanity by fostering mutual understanding, improvement and rationalisation of sustainable biological production systems while protecting nature and environment and managing landscape through the advancement of engineering and allied sciences..."
The main aims of CIGR are to:
- Stimulate the development of science and technology in the field of Agricultural Engineering,
- encourage education, training and mobility of young professionals,
- encourage interregional mobility,
- facilitate the exchange of research results and technology,
- represent the profession at a world-wide level,
- work towards the establishment of new associations, both at national and regional level, and to the strengthening of existing ones, and to
- perform any other activity that will help to develop Agricultural Engineering and allied sciences.